Warm Up Winter with Exotic Colour
Are the winter blues hitting your Toronto home or office hard? Try warming things up with an exotic colour change.
A professional application of new colour on the walls, ceiling and trim can make all the difference. Worried about overpowering the room or office? Try an accent wall surrounded by clean neutrals such as white, pale gray, black, or beige to complement.
ColourWorks Painting Design glowingly recommends the following colours to add some heat to your home, and boost morale and productivity at the office.
Hot colours for this cold winter:
– From burnt peach to deep coral to rocking pumpkin, orange is a colour on fire. If terra cotta’s not your thing, try Sherwin-Williams’ “Knockout Orange” for the win.
– Gaining in popularity are vibrant purples. Pantone’s Colour of the Year, “Ultra Violet”, is a great example of how electrifying purple can be. Wrapped in sophistication, rich purple is a gorgeous choice.
– Ready to go for the gold? Yellow is coming on strong with a sunny, classic look for busy households. For a burnished approach, check out Glidden’s “Wheat Stalk” and enjoy creating your accents to go with it.
– Feel daring? Try Benjamin Moore’s “Neon Red”, or colour of the year: AF-290 Caliente for a rich and romantic red glow.
– Sherbet pink, or hothouse raspberry evoke excitement, romance, and positive energy in a room. Look at Behr’s “Glitterati” for a serene and soothing take on pink.
I’ve picked my colour, now how do I use it?
For help designing the warm, bold colour palette in your home or office, ColourWorks Painting Design has an in-house colour expert who can give you lots of tips. If you know the colour you love but worried about taking it too far, we can help you choose the right degree of tint, shade and hue, as well as the best accent colour and bright neutrals to make the whole room come to life.
Choosing the right accent is as important as the neutral. For instance, we’re seeing a lot of metallics coming onto the decorating scene, especially paired with orange. Combining two of these enticing colours as stripes or individual accents, and used sparingly with a calming neutral, creates drama in an otherwise sedate environment.
Whatever your favorite colours may be, let’s discuss how to make the best use of them in your home or office.
Get your free consultation today!
Book a free estimate to get started warming up your home or business with colour, or call (416) 920-4482 to tell us more about your painting project. We provide expert advice and professional service to ensure your colours come to life in a fresh, new way that’s just right for you.