Sherwin-Williams Announces the 2018 Colour of the Year
Ready for something exciting to happen? In a heady swing away from the 2017 Colour of the Year, “Poised Taupe,” Sherwin-Williams has unveiled the new 2018 Colour of the Year, “Oceanside.” Gone are the muted tones of last year, the new year promises unending opportunities for vitality and energy.
Applied to your Toronto home or office, Oceanside looks amazing with its intrepid splash of lively blue mixed with jewel-toned green, and ColourWorks Painting Design has the professional application to help you use this pulse-racing colour to its fullest. If the ocean inspires you, this colour can have endless applications around the home. A touch of this marine-inspired colour, paired with either an energetic accent colour or a subdued colour, can transform the energy of your room in unexpected ways.
To consider how to use Oceanside, here are some tips from our experts:
- Sitting Room: the colour Oceanside can add energy and inspiration to a sitting room. Used exclusively on the walls, Oceanside asks for a simple accent colour, such as a carefree orange, used in modest décor. The end result is a lively, beautiful space where everyone will want to gather to complete projects and create masterpieces.
- Reading Nook: if used in an alcove intended for peace reading, Oceanside provides the right balance of cozy comfort and thoughtfulness while absorbing new information. Try accenting with sage, burgundy, café or sunshine for a marvelous look. The end result is a peaceful, deep space that calls to you after a long work day.
- Bedroom: interesting things happen in a bedroom outlined in Oceanside. A restful balance is instantly achieved, yes, but also beauty becomes exquisitely fine-detailed. Trimming the room in a beautiful white, your eye will appreciate the white accents found in beautiful pillows, flowers or an overstuffed chair.
- Exterior Accent: used on the outside of the home, Oceanside makes an attractive doorway and appealing trim work that catches the eye and adds fast curb appeal and instant interest to your nature-inspired exterior colours.
- Interior Accent: is Oceanside a bit more than you want for a whole room? Consider using it as an accent colour alongside a lovely white room. Paint a door, window frames, fireplace or ceiling in this beautiful blue-green, and add textiles in the same colour, and watch the room come to life.
Wherever it goes, Oceanside adds a spark of life and it infuses a space with boundless energy. It pairs well with so many accent colours, which have the power to transform Oceanside into the exact mood you envisioned for your favorite places.
Get your free consultation today!
Ready to try Oceanside in your home or office? Give us a call us today at (416) 920-4482 or email us to schedule your free consultation with our talented ColourWorks designer. From there, our professional team will bring their skills in applying the design to make a gorgeous, new look just for you. Together, we can create an amazing, new space to add interest and beauty to your surroundings and encourage creativity and energy in the future.