How to Make a Sensation with Sage
A colour that made a large splash last year but it showing a steady increase in popularity is soft sage green.
Sage is a cool, intriguing, sophisticated colour that can transform your Toronto home or office with its versatility as one of the newest neutrals on the decorating scene.
At ColourWorks Painting Design, we’ve applied sage as a quiet background for an amazing array of rooms, ceilings, patios and kitchen cabinets and have seen how flexible and wonderful this colour can be.
Unlike pea green or celery, which can be too bright to count as a neutral, sage is a dusty, earth-borne colour that marries beautifully with other natural colours. However, since it is a cool colour, if you use it in a north-facing room, or a room with little light, your sage may come out more gray than green. It will look its best in a room with good natural light.
Used with a light amount of accent colour for a more minimalist, clutter-free design or with a splash of colour to pop in front, sage can be the answer for any of a number of settings in your home or office.
Rooms that love sage:
Sage may look amazing in places you’ve never considered before. To get you thinking, here are some ways we’ve seen the colour used to its potential:
- Kitchen – as a new neutral, sage can make an excellent colour choice for kitchen cabinets. Pair it with a bright white marble-like countertop and you’ve got a sensational design that brings out its best. Or use it on the backsplash wall of the kitchen to make your natural wood cabinets and countertops pop. Add any one accent colour in a small way and your kitchen décor is complete without being overpowering, allowing your dishes and culinary creations to take center stage.
- Living Room
– sage on all four walls brings the room in and makes it soft and comfortable. Add neutral furnishings of all types and you will have a harmonious space to enjoy.
– a naturally relaxing colour, sage can instantly achieve the best background for you to showcase your favorite bedspread and accoutrements. Add a variety of burnished metal, dark or light wood, or fabrics to warm the room and to add interest.
- Bathroom – perhaps one of the last places you might expect to find sage is in this room, but it can actually be the most attractive here, especially if you get great natural light. Since white pairs so spectacularly with it, and many sinks/tubs/toilets are white, soft sage walls can really add sophistication to the room.
– rooms that have crisp, cool sage on the walls may also use the same colour for the ceilings. This can present more of a cabin feeling that can look great on tongue and groove wood. Porches may be one example where sage can make an appropriate ceiling choice, but it can look sensational on other ceilings as well.
I love it, now what?
If you’re ready to get started planning your muted sage spaces, ColourWorks Painting Design’s talented designer is available to help. We can help you choose the right shade for the right space to create an amazing and uplifting room that literally goes with any other colour with which you love to decorate.
Get your free consultation today!
To schedule a free consultation, give us a call us today at (416) 920-4482 or email us. Sage can be a beautiful, new neutral in your home or office with a professional application provided by our experienced painting team. Before long, you can be enjoying your fresh look that is both trendy and long-lasting. Pair it with any of your favorite décor and you’ll love the way it always works.