Hottest Colours for 2018
It’s a great time to consider updating your Toronto home or office with a spectacular new look that stands out and gets noticed.
The newest 2018 colour of the year selections have been released from every major paint company, and it’s a great time to consider updating your Toronto home or office with a spectacular, new look that stands out and gets noticed. ColourWorks Painting Design has a talented designer available to help you find just the right application of the trend-setting colour to light up your room and to provide the energy or the relaxation that you need in your home or office.
Check out these top 5 colour choices for the year ahead:
- Blue-green – Whether it’s deep teal, dark turquoise or nautical green that catches your eye, the 2018 lineup is well-saturated with this colour choice. Take a look at Sherwin-Williams’ Oceanside for a marine-inspired flair. Or Behr’s In the Moment which offers a soft touch of blue spruce to any room. Want a bold statement? Try Dunn-Edwards’ The Green Hour. Pratt & Lambert have created Heron, a beautiful, subtle colour that stands ready to shine the spotlight on your antique furniture.
- Red – Jumping out of the blue-green pool, Benjamin Moore lands nimbly on its feet with a hot Caliente, a powerful red that carries each room to a new level. Bold in every way, red can be a decorator’s delight and can keep things sparking in your space.
- Pastels – Probably more common is the trend towards pastels that have homeowners picking the soft varieties of favorites like stone pink, lavender, khaki, sand, or sky blue. Blending from one pastel to another in different rooms allows the light to capture the space and project unity throughout the home.
- Purple – In a surprising sweep, deep purples are taking over the decorating landscape. In everything from couches to walls, violet is making a seriously fun statement. Pantone captures it with their Ultra Violet choice for 2018. Add other shades of lilac to broaden its reach. In addition to violet, lavenders have been spotted as the lead colour for the new year by many noted decorators.
- Charcoal – Declaring dusty black to be a new neutral, Glidden chooses Deep Onyx for the year, insisting that it is the easiest colour to work with and to decorate with. This black gives immediate sophistication to any room without being overpowering.
Which colour do you choose?
Now that you know what the industry has chosen for the new colours ahead, what colour do you love? ColourWorks Painting Design is ready to adapt your tastes to blend with new trends to give you a modern take on old favorites. Whatever areas in your home or office need updating, we’ve got the expertise to bring you a trendy, hot new look that will last.
Get your free consultation today!
Ready to begin? Call us today at (416) 920-4482 or email us to schedule your free initial consultation. We’re ready to bring our talents and our love for renovation to your project to spur your home or office into a beautiful and up-to-date new look. Whatever colour interests you, we’ll make sure you fall in love with your space all over again.